Welcome to the website service ("Services") provided by Baldwin Hills Estates Homeowner’s Association, located at P.O. Box 897, Los Angeles, CA 90008 ("we", "us", "our" or "THE ASSOCIATION "). By using our Services, you are agreeing to the terms below as incorporated herein by this reference (“Terms”), so please read them carefully. If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding the Terms of Service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Because we are constantly trying to improve our Services, these Terms may also need to change. We reserve the right to modify the Terms at any time, but if we do, we will bring it to your attention by placing a notice on the Services, or by sending you an email or by some other means of notification.
If you don't agree with the Terms, you are free to reject them; unfortunately, that means you are no longer able to use the Services. If you use the Services in any way after a modification to the Terms is enacted, you agree to all of the changes by default. Except for changes by us as described here, no other amendment or modification of these Terms will be effective unless in writing and signed by both you and us.
Basics of Using the Services
In order to use certain Services, you may be required to sign up for an account, and to select a password and username ("User ID"). You promise to provide us with accurate, complete, and updated registration information about yourself. You may not select as your User ID a name that you don't have the right to use, or another person's name with the intent to impersonate that person. You may not transfer your account to anyone else without our prior written permission. You will not share your account or password with anyone, and you must protect the security of your account and your password. You're responsible for any activity associated with your account.
The Services are intended for adults, but children thirteen years or older may use the Services with permission from a parent or guardian, provided that parent or gaurdian have agreed to these Terms on the child’s behalf. You must follow all applicable laws in your use of the Services. If your use of the Services is prohibited by applicable laws, you are not authorized to use the Services. We may suspend or terminate Services if you do not follow our Terms, and users removed by THE ASSOCIATION may not be allowed any future access to the Services.
The materials displayed, performed or available on or through the Services, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, data, articles, photos, images, illustrations, and so forth (all of the foregoing, the "Services Content") are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. You promise to abide by all copyright notices, trademark rules, information, and restrictions contained in any Services Content that you access through the Services, and you will not use, copy, reproduce, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, upload, display, license, sell or otherwise exploit for any purpose any Services Content not owned by you, (i) without the prior consent of the owner of that Services Content and (ii) in a way that violates someone else's rights. (including THE ASSOCIATION 's).
You understand that THE ASSOCIATION owns the Services. You won't modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce (except as expressly provided in the Terms), creative derivative works based on, or otherwise exploit any of the Services. The Services may allow you to copy or download certain Services Content; please note that download functionality does not exempt any or all of the restrictions above.
These Terms grant you a non-exclusive, limited, non-transferable, freely revocable access to use the Services, subject to your compliance with all of the Terms. THE ASSOCIATION may terminate this access at any time for violation of our terms and policies.
Termination of Services
Activities that Constitute Cause for Termination
A violation of any of the foregoing is grounds for termination of your right to use or access the Services.
• use the Services outside of the interfaces we have provided or removal or alteration of notices or logos provided with the Services
• engage in any unsolicited advertising, marketing or other activities, including, without limitation, any activities that violate anti-spam laws and regulations including, but not limited to, the CAN SPAM Act of 2003, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and the Do-Not-Call Implementation Act
• conduct penetration tests of any Services-related system or network • use extreme bandwidth capacity in a way that threatens our infrastructure
• attempt to access other NationBuilder enabled websites that you are not authorized to access
• upload viruses or malware or attempt to overload the system with email or traffic
• promote commercial services that are not your own unless you are authorized in writing to do so beforehand
• infringe or violate the intellectual property rights, privacy rights or any other rights of anyone else (including THE ASSOCIATION)
• violate any law or regulation
• post or upload any content that, in THE ASSOCIATION’s reasonable discretion, is likely to expose THE ASSOCIATION to civil or criminal liability
• jeopardize the security of your Services account or anyone else (such as allowing someone else to log on as you on the Services)
• attempt, in any manner, to obtain the password, account, or other security information from any other user
• violate the security of any computer network, or crack any passwords or security encryption codes
• "crawl," "scrape," or "spider" any page, data, or portion of or relating to the Services or any content available through the Services (through use of manual or automated means)
• decompile, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to obtain the source code or underlying ideas or information of or relating to the Services.
Provisions that, by their nature, should survive termination of these Terms shall survive termination. By way of example, all of the following will survive termination: any obligation you have to pay or indemnify THE ASSOCIATION, any limitations on our liability, any terms regarding ownership or intellectual property rights of Services Content, and terms regarding disputes between us.
No waiver of any provision of these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and THE ASSOCIATION 's failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If you have any questions about the Terms of Service, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, please contact us at WEBADMIN@OURDOMAIN.com, or send mail to:
BALDWIN HILLS ESTATES HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION
P.O. BOX 8897 LOS ANGELES, CA 90008-0897
Original publication date: November 15, 2014